These are the proposed amendments to the bylaws for this year.
The vote of Great Council will be on July 9th. I encourage everyone to contact the officers and guild heads that represent the activities they
participate in and give their opinion- the members of Great Council work for you, and we need your opinion!
Sections V.A.2.a.i. and V.A.2.a.ii. entirely.
[no change to V.A.1.]
- The polling will be conducted according to East Kingdom Law.
- All candidates will be listed on the ballot in alphabetical order by SCA name.
- Voting will be conducted by using the instant-runoff method using a multiple-choice ballot.
Voters will mark their ballots with numbers and may rank as many of the candidates as they like. Then the ballots will be tabulated using a form of the instant-runoff method; to wit:
- Each ballot will be counted as one vote for that first-choice candidate.
- At the end of the first round, the candidate with the fewest first-choice votes will be eliminated.
- If a voter’s first-choice candidate is eliminated, then their next-highest-ranked choice will be used in the next round of counting.
- This process will continue until one of the candidates achieves at least 51% of the votes.
- Any individual who wishes to express their wishes as to that selection and does not qualify to receive a ballot should write directly to The Crown.