At Falling Leaves in Exile, AS 55, (September 2020), Baron Thomas of Effingham and Baroness Raziya bint Rusa announced their intentions to retire from said offices.
Several good lords and ladies, listed below, have announced their intentions to seek election to the positions of Baron or Baroness. Their statements will be posted shortly.
Please read this page carefully, as things have changed since the last Baronial Election took place in 2017.
The process for electing a new Baronial Head is outlined in Section V of the Bylaws of the Barony of Carolingia. Unlike previous elections, there will no longer be a polling of Great Council members to determine the order the candidates will be listed on the ballot. The polling will be conducted in accordance with East Kingdom law.
- Nominees will be announced at council, published to the Baronial website and mailing list, as well as the official Facebook page and Baronial newsletter (Minuscule).
- Virtual Q&A sessions will be held, using the Baronial website and Kingdom virtual conferencing tools.
- Paid members within the borders of Carolingia will be mailed a ballot which will be returned and tallied by the Kingdom officer appointed.
- Candidates will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Members will rank their choices with numbers, ranking as many as they choose in order.
- Instant runoff will be used.
- Any individual who wishes to express their wishes as to the selection and does not qualify to receive a ballot should write directly to The Crown.
As the ballot will only be mailed to paid members within the borders of Carolingia, check to make sure your membership is current. Members who are 14 years of age or older will count towards the tally. In order to be a valid polling, more than 50% of the ballots must be returned during the polling window.
If you would like to ask a question of the candidates, please go to the Ask a Question form. The questions will be moderated, and posted to the Candidates’ Answers page. Candidates will then be notified and may provide their answers.