Please contact the Secretary at email@example.com with any questions or corrections.
From Their Excellencies
At the outset of our tenure, we agreed and stated publicly that we would only be taking a 3 year term. The time has come to call for Baronial candidates! The below schedule provides us time to transition this position to our heirs.
Aurelia Rufinia: Candidate nominations will close at the end of November council. The initial round of voting will be at the January council meeting, with the Barony vote to be completed in late winter or early spring of 2018. Investiture will be in the Fall of 2018.
Also, it has been very difficult to turn over Baronial Champions on a yearly basis. It makes it very difficult for us to give not only competitors but others in the Barony the time and attention they all deserve when events center around turnovers or we are running from one competition to another. We would like to make a more “squishy” timeline for Champions. This would allow a more spaced out turnover for all Champions and stagger changeovers so multiple ones aren’t done at a single event.
After discussion, it was said that because the tenure of the Champion is dictated in the Champion’s Agreement, their Excellencies can modify that tenure at their discretion. All agreed that a “squishy” timeline for changeovers is best.
- Historian: Eowyn Eilonwy
I have collected the last bin of historian items from Luke, and am in the process of going through the items. The historian keeps event reports from autocrats and other historical baronial items.
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
We’ve had a good amount of e-mails and Facebook interactions with newcomers. Thank you to the Newcomer Nights for also working with newcomers!
- Canton of Aschehyrst: Raziya bint Rusa
Aschehyrst is starting up a monthly crafting night, starting with a Calligraphy & Illumination get together! There will be instructors present, including Eleanor Catlyn, Eva Woderose, Rhonwen Glyn Conwy, and Ygraine of Kellswood. This get together will be on October 25th starting at 7pm at the Plymouth Church, Ellison Hall (87 Edgell Road) in Framingham.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
There will be no scribal this month. Go to the Calligraphy & Illumination night in Aschehyrst.
- Dance: Justin du Coeur (standing in)
Dance practices will be every Thursday from 7:30pm to 9:30pm at the Presentation School through the first Thursday in December.
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
The next meeting of the Low Company will be Friday, October 20th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Chad and Amanda’s house, focusing on Primer (period Poker). RSVP to Amanda for dinner at 6:00pm.
- Jongleurs (Quire): Orlando dei Medici
The next Quire practice will be on Monday, October 9th at 7pm at the Church of the Good Shepard in Watertown.
- Baronial Archery Championships: Erica Schlain & Kazimierz
Barring any announcement from Kobayashi Yutaka for an archery event, we will explore options to have Baronial Archery championships event in the Spring of 2018.
- Otter’s Welcome: Raziya bint Rusa
Because of the popularity of this event, I would like to speak with Svava about hosting this event again.
- Wendy & Dray: Greetings to the Barony! We wanted to introduce ourselves and offer assistance to all. Dray founded the Order of the White Shield, which focuses on helping newcomers in the Society.
- Isabelle & Alanna of Skye: The next Newcomer’s Night will be on Monday, October 16th, starting at 6:30pm at our home in Watertown, and the topic will be hand-sewing. For more details, please see postings on the Carolingia Facebook event and the baronial website. We’re also starting a quarterly Barony get-together night, that will rotate between Burlington, Brookline, and Needham to reach as many in the Barony and Cantons as possible. The first gathering night will be Sunday, November 19th from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the Goldfish Swim School in Burlington. The next one will be in January 2018 in Brookline.
- Erica Schlain: There is an outstanding piece of lost and found from the Company of Bowmen event – a silver band ring with an amber-like stone. Please contact me if this is yours or you know whose it is.
- Aiden: The next regional rapier practice will be Sunday, October 22nd from 1:00pm to 6:00pm at the Plymouth Church in Framingham.
- Caitriona: I’m back in the area, living in Newton. I’m available to help with rides and other things!
- Justin du Coeur: Arisia will be on Martin Luther King weekend this year (January 13th through 15th 2018). There is a renaissance ball with music from the Waytes and a rapier demo during the day. Intercon will be coming up in February 2018.
- Eowyn Eilonwy: There were many new Baronial Champions named and awards given at Falling Leaves in Exile.
- Aaradyn Ghyoot: Tom’s surgery was successful and he’s recovering well. Thank you for all the well wishes and support!