Please contact the Secretary at email@example.com for a separate document version or for any questions or corrections.
1. Officer/Guild Announcements
- Gold Key: Aaradyn Ghyoot (standing in)
The upcoming Fit ‘n’ Fix party will be smaller than originally anticipated, and is still in the works.
- Dance: Gundormr (standing in)
The short session dance practices will start this Wednesday the 7th in Brighton. There will be 7 sessions in total. Also, the monthly Quintavia session will be tomorrow, October 6th.
- Thrown Weapons: Asher de Lincolia
There are thrown weapons practices still going on in Carlisle until the end of fall. All are welcome!
- Steward: Gudrun Thorvaldsdottir
The current storage site’s hours and size have become inadequate for our storage needs. I am currently investigating a new storage space/site at the U-Haul off Route 16 in Everett. The new space would be 10’ X 10’ at floor level (no more stairs) for $120/month and would have extended access hours as needed. The Barony currently has a 5’ X 10’ space for about $90/month with limited access hours and stairs. Eowyn noted she has a storage space at this location and the site has loading dock access, carts on site, 2 elevators, and good customer service. There were no objections to further site review, with no contract to be signed without Exchequer notice and approval.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot (standing in)
The next meeting of the calligraphers guild will be on October 11th at 1:00pm at Aaradyn’s home in Revere. There will be a lesson on finding a period source (with visual aids).
- Quire: Eowyn
The next practice for the Quire will be 2 weeks from today (10/19) at 8:30pm at Vis & Mara’s house. The focus will be seasonal songs.
- Autocrat: Hugh Tauerner (standing in)
89 people attended Artifacts of a Life, fun was had by all! Gate took in $912 ($30 of which was for non-member surcharge) and the site cost $800. $41 will be sent to the Barony Beyond the Mountain as a share in the profits. The site manager was stricter about timing and site cleanup, so that should be factored into future planning at the site. There were many great entries, and the judging was extremely close!
- Regional Rapier Practice: Quintin
This will be a rapier and dance combined practice on December 19th from 12:00 – 5:00pm at the War Memorial.
- Service University: Isabel da Costa
This event is scheduled for February 27, 2016. The site is in Bedford, MA and would have 8 classrooms and a meeting hall space. This is not an official university event. There is no budget yet, but will be provided to council once available.
- Laurel’s Prize Tourney: Dreda
In this event, Laurels will be able to issue challenges in their particular field of expertise. Anyone can answer the challenge, and will be judged by the Laurel who issued the challenge. The Laurel will also determine the parameters of the challenge and other details. We are still looking for a site, preferably a wet one to allow for brewers and ample space for a variety of challenges. We want to get the framework set by March 2016 for the challenges, with the actual event in March 2017. There would be a dayboard but no feast. The last challenge event was run on a 120 person site, so a similar capacity should be fine. We are currently looking for a dayboard cook, registrar, site suggestions, and Laurels who are interested in issuing a challenge. Please contact Dreda for ideas or suggestions. There were no objections to the event proposal.
- Carolingian Company of Bowmen Shoot: Eleanora Stewart
The last shoot for induction/qualification of people for the Company was maybe in 2007. This event would be scheduled for May 2016. Sites are still being explored, but there needs to be enough space for a clout shoot (100 yards). Thrown weapons and A&S areas are also possible depending on the site and space. This site would have a dayboard but no feast. Erica S. volunteered to co-autocrat this event with Eleanora. A possible site is in Groveland, MA pending measurement of the site for the clout shoot. There were no objections to the event proposal.
- Falling Leaves in Exile: Aurelia Rufinia
In the past, this event was done as a get-together event in the 3rd or 4th weekend in September, with fencing and heavy list spaces and general gathering in Wellesley and dancing and potluck dinner in the nearby hall. There is no date or site yet chosen for this event. There were no objections to the event proposal.
- Eadgyth: I am looking to host a round table discussion for developing the transitions of officer positions. This will be on a Wednesday night in December, details will be announced as they are available.
- Eadgyth: There is a scroll needing transport to King & Queen’s Rapier Championships. Please contact Eadgyth if you are able to do this.
- Aaradyn Ghyoot: King & Queen’s dance will be at Arisia.
- Aiden McShane: There will also be fencing at Arisia, to be scheduled.
- Orlando de Metia: There is a Harry Potter event coming up in Cambridge. Please contact Orlando for more details if interested.