Please contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or corrections.
1. Officer Announcements
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
At Falling Leaves in Exile and Otter’s Welcome, the Gold Key and Chatelaine will be hosting a Gold Key Yard Sale! If you know of any newcomers interested in looking through for garb, please spread the word! Due to volume, we are only accepting donations for the yard sale at 10 items or less per person.
- Golden Gryphon: Thory Vedardottir
If anyone wishes to have consultations on heraldry or name research, please contact me.
- Webminister: Cristoff Van Loch
I am still looking for a replacement for the webminister position. Please contact me for details or if interested. Also, we now have a webpage active for the Canton of the Towers, with more content to come. It is preferred if all general traffic still goes through the Barony’s webpage.
- Order of the Perseus: Kazimierz
Please welcome our newest member, Sojourner!!
- Order of the Moon: Gundormr Dengin
There will be a meeting of the Order at Falling Leaves in Exile to discuss candidates. If you are not on the e-mail list for the Order, please contact Gundormr as soon as possible to get on.
- Seneschal Review: Justin du Coeur
Offices up for review and turnover this year are: Knight Marshal, Liber editor, Minister for A&S, Storytellers’ Guild head, Webminister, Exchequer, and Thrown Weapons Marshal. Anyone interested in learning more about these positions are encouraged to contact the Seneschal and/or the current officer for more details.
- Gold Key: Aaradyn Ghyoot (standing in)
Gold Key is still looking for a successor. Please contact us if interested. Also, a petition was requested for $100 for boxes for Gold Key. The petition passes.
- Steward: Gudrun Thorvaldsdottir
As clarification, the role of Steward is to maintain and provide access to the Baronial storage locker. It is all autocrats’ responsibility to contact the Steward in advance of the event to coordinate pickup of items and drop-off after the event at the storage locker.
2. Guild Announcements
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
The next meeting of the Low Company will be Friday, September 23rd starting at 7pm at Chad & Amanda’s house. Dinner is at 6pm, RSVP to Amanda if interested in dinner. We will be playing Viking chess.
- Dance: Gundormr Dengin (standing in)
Dance practices will resume on Thursday, September 29th at the Presentation School from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Dance practices will continue through December.
- Jongleurs (Quire): Eowyn
The Quire will be singing at Falling Leaves in Exile this coming weekend. The Quire has also been asked to sing at Otter’s Welcome in October and we are working out details now.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
The next meeting of the Calligraphers Guild will be on Sunday, September 25th at Aaradyn’s house in Revere. This will be an open work day. We are still waiting to confirm a meeting date for October, please watch the lists for details. The Calligraphers will be hosting a series of East Kingdom field trips for those interested in going, the following is the current schedule for field trips: McMullen Museum: Sunday, Nov 13th 1pm – 5pm; Gardner Museum: Sunday, Dec 4th 1pm – 5pm; and Houghton Library: TBD – likely an evening in October as there aren’t weekend hours. Please watch the lists for further updates. Crash space is also available for those coming in from out of state, please contact Aaradyn for more details.
- Storytellers: Michael of York
The next meeting of the Storytellers’ Guild will be on Tuesday, September 27th from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Please watch the lists for the meeting announcement for more details.
- Baronial Archery & Thrown Weapons Championship: Kazimierz
This event happened on Saturday, August 27th at Veasey Park in Groveland. We incurred $612.30 in expenses, and took in $277 in donations, leaving us with a loss of $335.30. A very big thank you to all who assisted with making the day a success, and everyone had a great time! Congrats to our new champions!
- Falling Leaves in Exile: Baron Colin Ursell (standing in)
This event is scheduled for Saturday, September 17th. Among the day’s events, there will be Baronial championships for Heavy List, Fencing, and Arts & Sciences.
- Otter’s Welcome: Svava Thorgeirsdottir
This event is scheduled for October 15th. This is a newcomer’s event with all varieties of activities and arts on display for newcomers to learn about. Please watch the lists for updates and more details.
- Autocrat’s Colloquium: Catrin o’r Rhyd For
This event is scheduled for November 12th. Classes and teachers are booked and include sessions on newcomers, Jewish holidays, integration of children’s activities, special needs considerations, and publicity. There will even be a presentation from the former East Kingdom seneschal, who will be discussing experiences from past years for autocrating. We are now accepting reservations at $10 for members, $15 including the non-member fee. If you reserve before November 1st, it is $12 for lunch. Please spread the word to any and all interested in autocrating!
- Laurel’s Prize Tourney: Aildreda de Tamwurthe (by e-mail)
The Laurels Prize Tourney continues to be on March 25, 2017, in Medfield. There are exciting new challenges, even since last Council – check them out at http://www.ceteros.org/laurels-prize-tourney/! Tell your friends!
4. SCA Announcements
- Catrin o’r Rhyd For: There is a new rule change for autocrats that now requires the seneschal’s signature on all contracts. For more information on this and other changes, please consult the Kingdom’s website or contact the Seneschal.
- Gundormr Dengin: The Beyond Words exhibition for illuminated manuscripts, sponsored by Boston College, Harvard University, and the Gardner Museum, is now ongoing in Boston. There is also a conference starting on November 3rd which is free if pre-registered.
- Eowyn: Melee team T-shirts will be sold at Falling Leaves in Exile this weekend. They are $10, and profits go to the Barony.
- Eowyn: The Fellowship of Philosophers has been inactive for the past several years. During this winter, I would like to organize the Fellowship to discuss a better way to determine successors based on comments and concerns raised by the populace following the last Baronial election process. Please let me know if you are interested in being part of this.