The Seneschal, Lady Kassandra, admits participants to the Google online meeting one by one, each heralded by a doorbell sound. She asks for everyone to mute their microphones and draws our attention to Society’s harassment policy. (Also Zohane says hi.) Kassandra then waves the gavel in the air to call the meeting to order.
Their Excellencies Master Thomas of Effingham and Mistress Raziya bint Rusa are invited to speak. They have no announcements but thank everyone for attending.
Officers of the Barony:
- Seneschal of the Canton of the Towers: Master Ivan Rezansky does not seem to be present.
- Chancelor Minor: Lady Fiore unmutes herself and speaks about the new Order of the Comet, while Symon mutes people who have not muted themselves.
- Chatelaine: Baroness Isabel: Can you hear me now? I would like to announce tonight that we will be having a virtual newcomer night on Monday April 20th at 7pm discussing creating a persona. Bring your friends! All are welcome to join in, and the link will be sent out closer to the meeting.
- Lady Fiore also speaks about Her Majesty’s Toys for Tygers initiative; it’s posted on several Facebook groups, and you can contact her for assistance. Orlando asks who to contact if one wants to make toys; Fiore will find information.
- Chronicler (Minuscule newsletter): Baron Kendrick del Grenewode says the Minuscule will come out as soon as more information about Crown or Coronation is available.
- Dance Mistress: Lady Aelia Fortunata reports that there will be no dance for the foreseeable future.
- Exchequer: Lord Orlando dei Medici says that money is still important, even in times of plague. He discusses the handoff of the Exchequer position to Kara Irini Bint Todori (Bethany); the Kingdom has apparently given the go-ahead for this transfer, even though the position that should have approved it is vacant. Kara has not yet selected a Deputy, so Orlando will serve in that capacity for the time being.
- Gold Key (loaner garb): Baroness Alanna of Skye is not present. Donations of unisex tunics in all sizes are requested.
- Golden Gryphon Pursuivant: Anezka of Carolingia will be available for online heraldic consultations, instead of at the BPL.
- Historian: Mistress Eowyn Eilownwy of Alewife Brook, who is present but muted, sends word that nothing is new.
- Knight Marshal: Baron Valerian of Somerset says people are creating and posting instructional videos.
- Liber Editor: Lord Orlando dei Medici reports happily that people are not moving around much just now.
- Marshal of Fence: Lord Zohane Faber says practice is not taking place, but online instruction is happening for the duration.
- Marshal of Archery: Arlyana (speaking for Master Peter the Red) invites people to shoot outdoors, keeping 6 feet apart from one another.
- Marshal of Thrown Weapons: Lord Arngeirr Refskegg has canceled practices, but access to the range at Symon’s place may be arranged if requested in advance.
- Secretary: Lady Ysabel da Costa is taking minutes in the usual way.
- Web Minister: Lord Symon of Barnesdale says we have a web site, but it is a sad web site, because everything is canceled. Please let him know if you are holding online meetings so they can be added to the calendar!
- Clerk of the Stable (ride coordinator): Baroness Eadgyth æt Stæningum will hand off this position to Etain ingen Ut Neill.
- Artists & Scholars is canceled. We will forfeit the $100 site deposit, but it may be applied to any future booking at that same site. Rescheduling for October may be possible.
- Otter’s Welcome: Patience has had to cancel this event for this year. Thank you if you volunteered to help! Please volunteer again next year! The deposit has been left with Veasey Park to be credited to a future event.
- Falling Leaves: Katla and Patience say this event is still expected to happen; perhaps it will include Equestrian Champs. More information in June or July; stay tuned. A lengthy discussion of Kingdom profit-sharing (required for champions events) and event finances ensues. Patience says, “It’s going to be great!”
Announcements from the Baronial Orders:
- Order of the Daystar (Service): Lady Kira of Carolingia is absent or muted.
- Order of the Moon (Arts & Sciences): Lady Aaradyn Ghyoot says there is a virtual meeting of the Moons after Council, in Zoom. Order business will be discussed.
- Order of Perseus (Martial Arts): Baron Aiden McShane is seeking a replacement; contact him if you need to be added to the group’s mailing list.
Announcements from Representatives of the Guilds and Activities:
- Low Company: Justin says the Low Company met and played period chess online. The next meeting is not yet scheduled; Justin is looking for good online board game systems.
- Storytellers: Storytellers will meet on Tuesday April 7 using Zoom starting at 7:30pm running to 9:30pm. Contact Sir Michael for details.
- Fellowship of Philosophers: Eowyn sends these words: “It is delightful to know that despite these days’ adversities, people are continuing to think about & discuss matters of concern to them.”
- Jongleurs: Ysabel reports that Waytes practice is suspended through the end of April. Virtual practices do not seem possible with current meeting technology. One social meeting has been held in lieu of practice.
- Trumpet and Kettledrum Corps: Practice is suspended through the end of April.
- Athena’s Thimble (Needleworkers): Fiore reports that a successful online meeting was held. The next will be April 23 in Zoom (with enhanced security measures).
- Gundormr announces that the next meeting of the Reading Manuscripts Roundtable will be open to all: Sunday April 19 at 11:30. Contact Gundormr for details.
Other SCA-related announcements:
- Having discovered how to unmute her microphone, Eowyn reminds us that she likes to write chronicles. However, as she no longer personally knows everyone in the Barony, she implores everyone to make sure they are listed in the Liber.
- Justin tells us that Her Majesty plans an online East Kingdom court for Saturday at 4 PM on the EK YouTube Channel. Margarita says that word is that it will not include any awards. A discussion of the feasiblilty of running the toybox under the present circumstances follows.
- Aiden says: It’s national Tartan day! Wear tartan!
- Aaradyn will host another pop-up scribal sometime next week, stay tuned for details. Carolingia has two newish scribes, yay!
- Fortunata says, be nice to your essential workers and wear a mask! Margarita invites people to let the Barony know if you need a mask, people are making them and can get one to you.
Kassandra gavels the meeting closed on her grooming table. Thank you for coming and keeping everything together.