Seneschal of the Barony of Carolingia: Lady Kassandra has virtually no agenda this month. But there are the following items:
- Please announce by February Council if you are interested in running for the Baronial seats.
- The next scheduled meeting of this Council would be Jan. 4th. Should we take January off? Justin speaks in favor of this idea, as do a few others.
Officers of the Barony:
- Baron Thomas of Effingham has nachos. Baroness Raziya bint Rusa is thinking about a recurring A&S night, just a social meeting while people work on their stuff.
- Seneschal of the Canton of the Towers: Master Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky will hold a business meeting and artsy thing on the 20th, please join in.
- Chatelaine: Baroness Isabelle de Montreuil Sur Mer (who sends word via Lady Patience Faircloth) will hold a newcomer night on the 21st or the 28th by means of a Zoom call.
- Chronicler: Baron Kendrick del Grenewode says Hello! The annual report has gone in, and the Nov/Dec issue of the Minuscule is ready to go out soon. He notes that there will be no in-person events until June 1 (and possibly later), so he expects the next few issues to be slender.
- Dancemistress: Lady Aelia Fortunata, apparently floating in the void, says that there will be no Dance Thingie in December, due to holidays. She may put them on temporary hiatus; please get in touch with her if you have a topic you are eager to address.
- Golden Gryphon Pursuivant: Anezka of Carolingia and Richard Heyworth will do heraldic office hours tomorrow 5:30 – 8:30 at https://meet.google.com/jci-jvyo-rse.
- Marshal of Fence: Lord Zohane Farber says fencing classes continue on the topic of Voids (but perhaps not this month)
- Marshal of Thrown Weapons: Lord Arngeir Refskegg is done for the season; it went pretty well even with coronavirus and all. He is checking about how his upcoming move to Quintavia may affect his holding of this office.
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Lady Catriona Genevra mentions the A&S socials previously discussed by the Baroness, perhaps on Wednesdays? Registration deadline for Crown’s A&S is December 13 (there is more time to complete materials).
Principals of the Baronial Orders:
- Moon: Lady Aaradyn Ghyoot writes in that arts are still happening! Keep an eye out and recommend those who might be ready to join the Order.
Representatives of the Guilds and Activities:
- Calligraphers: Lady Aaradyn Ghyoot sends word that Mistress Sarah the Limner of Caer Adamant will be running online scribal meetings for all who wish to attend. Please check the East Kingdom online calendar for more information.
- Cooks: Lord Zohane Farber says the Cooks are not meeting, but he will be doing a cook-along at the Towers craft day coming up.
- Low Company: Master Justin du Coeur is out of brain cells until late January due to Arisia.
- Needleworkers: Lady Fiore di Bardi sends word via Patience says that they will meet Dec. 17, 6:30 – 9 PM. A Zoom link will be posted on Facebook. General stabbing of fabric — no theme this month, but perhaps in the future.
- Philosophers: Mistress Eowyn unmutes herself, and says that people are continuing to think, which is a good thing and should be encouraged.
- Storytellers: Sir Michael of York sends word that there will be a meeting in December on the theme of Winter, and they are planning the usual extended January meeting on Poetry.
- Company of Bowman: Lady Elian of the Fellswood. Peter says that the archers continue to shoot when the weather allows. He has completed videos of the competition and it will be judged soon by Their Excellencies.
- Someone announces that the Carolingia web page is down. Symon is summoned but is not present online; perhaps these two things are related.
- Cathain Reiter will teach an online class on horses.
- Fortunata says that she would like to collaborate on a pandemic-themed masque, please put your thinking cap on!
- Eowyn notes that the Kingdom web site will be down on Dec. 26-27, don’t be alarmed.
- Master Justin notes that the Mayor has announced that plans to hold Pennsic 49 in 2021 are going forward at this time. Lady Serafina Della Torre will be Thrown Weapons Martial Activities Coordinator, and notes that planning is ongoing. Much discussion of possibilities for socially-distanced martial activities ensues.
- Justin says, Arisia is happening, MLK weekend! All online! All the activities (as much as possible) will be there! A sliding pricing structure is available, allowing for these Hard Times.
- Fortunata wishes everyone Happy Holidays, or Happy Winter if you don’t celebrate holidays.
- If you want to run for Baronial seats, let Kassandra know soon! There will be video chat interviews, then ballots will be mailed out, and must have a 50% return rate. More details will be forthcoming. Eadgyth points out that you must be an SCA member, living within the boundaries, at the time of the vote to participate.
The meeting is over, boom!