Seneschal Kassandra distributes ballots in advance, then gavels the meeting to order. Twice.
Officers of the Barony:
- Baroness Raziya reports that the Autocrat Salon was held recently. She wishes to promote Birka volunteer opportunities. Those who volunteer for 4 hours will be admitted for free! She also shows off a design for proposed Baronial thrones, which would be laser-cut by Peter the Red, and could then be decorated by our Artisans.
- Canton of the Towers will hold a Project Day starting at 3 PM this Sunday, November 10. The topic will be “Largesse, Favors, and Tokens”. Archery continues, but Thrown Weapons is finished for the season.
- Chatalaine: Lady Aaradyn announces that Isabel will replace her in this office. (This report occurred later in the meeting.)
- Chronicler: Kendrick will produce an issue of the Minuscule soon.
- Clerk of the Stable: Eadgyth still wants a successor.
- Dancemistress: Fortunata conveys a report that weekly dance practices will continue through December.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer: Orlando dei Medici says we have money; more on this later.
- Gold Key: no news.
- The Historian: Mistress Eowyn, treats the assembled Council to a bon mot, which your Secretary is unfortunately not quick enough to record.
- Liber Editor: Orlando wonders when a new edition of the Liber will be needed.
- Marshal of Fence: Lord Zohane Farber reports that fencing continues on Thursdays at the War Memorial. A regional practice is planned for January.
- Archery: it is reported that many creepy-crawlies were defeated on the occasion of Halloween.
- Marshal of Thrown Weapons: Lord Symon says that thrown weapons is closed for the season. His 3-year term will expire soon, and he seeks a replacement.
- Arts and Sciences: let Catrina know what projects people would like to work on. Cord-making for medallions is requested by Her Excellency.
- Secretary: Ysabel, having forgotten to bring her usual notebook, is having fun taking these minutes with a magic pen and paper loaned to her by Astrid Eiriksdottir — thanks!
- Steward: Zohane is pleased by the return of some tablecloths.
- Webminister: Symon says we have a web site.
Principals of the Baronial Orders:
- Daystar: Kira would like nominations.
- The Order of the Moon will meet after Council to choose a new Principal and have a discussion.
- Members of the Order of the Perseus should expect an email soon.
Representatives of the Guilds and Activities:
- Accademia della Danza: Gundormr reports that work on Il Papa continues.
- Cooks: Zohane reports that the Cooks Guild is not defunct yet, and plans to meet in early December.
- Jongleurs (Waytes): Ysabel da Costa reports that the Waytes continue to meet on Mondays. They will play at dance practice this week, and plan to play for dancing at Arisia in January. She also reports that the Trumpet and Kettledrum Corps now has a Baronial email list, and is meeting irregularly on Wednesdays at the Fighter and Fencer Practice in Framingham.
- Low Company: Justin says the Low Company may perhaps have their next meeting concurrent with the Cooks.
- Needleworkers: Lady Fiore sends word that the next meeting will take place on November 21 at her apartment.
- Philosophers: Eowyn makes it known that she approved of the Autocrat Salon.
- Storytellers: Sir Michael sends word that the Storytellers will meet 7:30 – 9:30 on Monday, November 18 to discuss something seasonal. Chocolate chip zucchini bread is promised. Future meetings are planned for early December and January 5; details TBA.
The Seneschal collects the ballots for the two proposed amendments to the by-laws. Orlando tabulates the results while the meeting continues.
- Falling Leaves 2019 wrap-up: Baron Thomas reports that our net profit was $1600.50. Because we made a profit, we may electively tithe 20% to the Crown. We did good. Next year (2020) we will have the site Friday through Sunday, which will cost more but make camping possible. Baroness Raziya notes that we can fit in more Kingdom stuff this way. Date of next Falling Leaves will be September 12, 2020.
- The spring Arts and Scholars Event has found a site – yay! It’s a church in Braintree and it’s pretty good. The charge is $750 and they want to work with us. It has a large hall, kitchen, classrooms, and parking. Is it accessible from Red Line? A shuttle would be required. The date will be April 18, 2020, which is Marathon weekend, but no great traffic problems are anticipated. The Council approves booking the site by a show of hands.
- Otter’s Welcome: date will be May 16, 2020. The site is Veasey Memorial Park; the price will be $650 for 12 hours. The total budget for this event is $1400 – 1600; break-even would be 140 people (last year we had 225). The printing and distribution of flyers is discussed.
- Autocrat Salon report: Kassandra says that 18 people attended.
- Gundormr says that Iron Scribe will take place on November 23 at the Camelot Common House; see the EK events page.
- Arlyana says that Peter has turned 60 — come celebrate!
- Eowyn reminds us of the mundane election to be held tomorrow.
- Justin says that Intercon-T, a LARP convention, is coming up, as is Arisia.
- Kobayashi says that i Sebastiani (The Greatest Commedia dell’Arte Troupe in the Entire World!) is holding auditions for their next show; see him for details.
Kassandra closes the voting. Orlando announces the results: Proposal 1 passes 25 – 0, with 2 abstentions. Proposal 2 passes 26 – 0, with one abstention.