Please contact the Secretary at email@example.com with any questions or corrections.
1. Officer Announcements
- Seneschal: Aurelia Rufinia
A committee will be formed soon to create autocrating policies. The committee will be chaired by Baroness Ailis inghean Muirgen, and will be worked on after Pennsic. Please watch the list if you are interested in participating for more information.
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
At Falling Leaves in Exile, the Gold Key and Chatelaine will be hosting a Gold Key Yard Sale! If you know of any newcomers interested in looking through for garb, please spread the word!
- Thrown Weapons: Asher de Lincolia
Practices are Saturdays in Framingham from 9am to noon and Sundays in Carlisle from 10am to 1pm, all are welcome. There will also be a populace thrown weapons opportunity at Pennsic. Also, if you have any fallen pine trees with a minimum of 15 inches in diameter, please contact Asher. We need new targets and are able to break down and haul away the tree.
2. Guild Announcements
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
The next meeting of the Low Company will be Friday, July 15th starting at 7pm at Chad & Amanda’s house. Dinner is at 6pm, RSVP to Amanda if interested in dinner. We will be playing a Persian ancestor to poker.
- Dance: Gundormr Dengin (standing in)
The next meeting for Academia Della Danza will be on Wednesday, July 13th at 7:30 pm. Please contact Gundormr for details.
- Jongleurs (Quire): Eowyn
After Pennsic, there are 2 upcoming events with space for the Quire to perform. Practices will resume weekly in preparation for this.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
The Calligrapher’s Guild will be on hiatus for the summer. There is an exhibition coming to Harvard in September. The Calligraphers will be hosting a series of East Kingdom field trips for those interested in going, details to be determined.
- Dance: Mara
Dance practices are on hiatus.
- Jongleurs (Waytes): Matilda
Practices are on hiatus and will resume for the Falling Leaves in Exile dance.
- Baronial Archery & Thrown Weapons Championship: Kaz & Erica
This event is confirmed for Saturday, August 27th at Veasey Park in Groveland. We are still looking for volunteers for water bearers and parking lot assistants at the event. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Kaz or Erica, or watch for volunteer requests on the lists/social media.
- Falling Leaves in Exile: Eleanor Catlyng (standing in)
This event is on track and there are no updates at this time.
- Otter’s Welcome: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
There are no updates at this time.
- Autocrat’s Colloquium: Gundormr (standing in)
Classes and teachers are booked. We are now accepting reservations at $10 for members, $15 including the non-member fee. If you reserve before November 1st, it is $12 for lunch.
- Byzantine Cheese Fair: Gundormr
This event is postponed due to site issues, to be rescheduled.
- Laurel’s Prize Tourney: Aildreda de Tamwurthe
This event is confirmed for March 25, 2017 at the First Parish in Medford and the event announcement is now posted on the East Kingdom calendar. There are currently 15 live challenges with more coming. For more information, please visit http://www.ceteros.org/laurels-prize-tourney/.
- Company of Bowmen Shoot: Erica
This event is scheduled for Saturday, May 20, 2017, with the site at the Middlesex County 4-H Fairgrounds in Westford. More details to come.
4. SCA Announcements
- Aildreda de Tamwurthe: The newest version of the Liber is now available. If you are interested in getting a copy or see a typo, please contact Dreda.
- Eowyn: For those that did not hear from the Great Northeastern War, this year the Barony of Ruantallan (parent Barony for the Canton of Seashire) was ordered by the Province of Malagentia to pay the previous debt from the Canton of Seashire of ale for losing a previous War to Malagentia. With the aid of the Crown Principality of Tir Mara, Malagentia fought valiantly but lost. As payment, Malagentia provided Ruantallan with a deposit of a six pack of ale.
- Eadgyth: The Museum of Fine Arts is doing an exhibit of Della Robbias, a 15th century example of glazed pots with original pigmentation. For those interested, members of the Museum can bring up to 4 guests in for free on August 18th. Eadgyth will be hosting a field trip day along with Aaradyn for those interested.
- Justin du Coeur: There have been updates to the Querky database, and is currently open in beta. I am currently looking for case issues that you may have with the software.
- Orlando de Medici: The annual Sing & Drink walk at Pennsic will be Monday of War Week. Meet at Camp Crook’d Cat on the Strand if interested in attending.
5. At Next Council
No council meeting next month due to Pennsic. Next council will be on September 12th, delayed due to Labor Day.