Please contact the Secretary at email@example.com with any questions or corrections.
1. Officer Announcements
- Golden Gryphon: Thory Vedardottir
If anyone is interested in registering new heraldry or names, please contact Thory as soon as possible. Around Pennsic, the registration time will get much longer, so plan ahead!
- Thrown Weapons: Asher de Lincolia
Practices are Saturdays in Framingham from 9am to noon and Sundays in Carlisle from 10am to 1pm, all are welcome.
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
Newcomers always need help at events. Please email the Chatelaine if you are interested in assisting newcomers.
- Gold Key: Guinemer d’Anglade
If you are an autocrat and want Gold Key garb at your event, please provide advance notice to Gold Key (the more in advance, the better). Also, I am still looking for a replacement for the Gold Key position. If you are interested or have any questions about the position, please contact Guinemer.
2. Guild Announcements
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
The next meeting of the Calligraphers’ Guild will be on Sunday, June 26th at 1:00 pm in Billerica. The focus will be as a general work day and assignment of backlogged items. Please contact Aaradyn for more details, or Nest for an assignment if interested.
- Dance: Gundormr Dengin (standing in)
Tomorrow (Tuesday, June 7th) is the monthly dance practice in Quintavia at Camelot.
The next meeting for Academia Della Danza will be on Wednesday, June 8th at 7:00 pm in Arlington.
Cambridge dance practices have stopped for the season. If you are interested in dance practices, the Baronies of the Bridge & Smoking Rocks joint dance practice are Saturdays in June.
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
The next meeting of the Low Company will be Friday, July 15th starting at 7pm at Chad & Amanda’s house. Dinner is at 6pm, RSVP to Amanda if interested in dinner.
- Jongleurs (Quire): Eowyn
The Quire is taking a hiatus from practices for the summer, pick-up groups for singing are available at area events. Practices will resume after Pennsic.
- Jongleurs (Waytes): Matilda
The Waytes will be meetings every Monday at Vis & Mara’s house.
- Baronial Archery & Thrown Weapons Championship: Kaz & Erica
This event is confirmed for Saturday, August 27th at Veasey Park in Groveland, with an EK event calendar posting to appear soon. We are looking for volunteers for various functions at the event. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Kaz or Erica, or watch for volunteer requests on the lists/social media.
- Falling Leaves in Exile: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
No updates at this time.
- Otter’s Welcome: Eleanor (standing in)
This event is confirmed for Saturday, October 15th at Camp Massapoag in Dunstable. We are looking for volunteers to be designated mentors for the newcomers as well as volunteers for the Treasure Hunt. Please contact Svava if interested.
- Autocrat’s Colloquium: Gundormr (standing in)
We are looking for interested presenters, please contact Kathryn if interested.
- Byzantine Cheese Fair: Gundormr
I am still in the process of confirming a site.
- Laurel’s Prize Tourney: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
This event is confirmed for March 25, 2017 at the First Parish in Medford. A day board cook has been found, but Dreda is still looking for a registrar, gate staff, and more Laurels for challenges.
- Company of Bowmen Shoot: Erica
We are in the process of confirming the date with required parties. This event is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 20, 2017 to avoid major potential calendar conflicts. More details to come.
- Children’s Event: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
No updates at this time.
4. SCA Announcements
- Colin Ursell: Congratulations to Peter the Red for his victory, becoming the Queen’s Archery Champion! Also, congratulations to Ysane for her induction into the Order of the Silver Crescent!
- Chelsey: The next Canton of the Towers Project Day will be Sunday, June 11th. The focus will be making armor and riveting, and periodic cooking recipes. All are welcome!
- Eowyn: Buttery Birthday is the last Saturday in June. All are welcome.
5. At Next Council
Final language for the by-law amendment proposals are due by June 11th. Voting on by-law amendment proposals will be at next council (July 11th).