Please contact the Secretary at email@example.com with any questions or corrections.
1. Officer Announcements
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
We had 3 Carolingian newcomers attend Coronation! I sat with 2 of them, who noted they had a great deal of fun despite the courts. Juliana, the deputy, also had some newcomers attend Coronation, though I’m not sure if they are Carolingian.
- Thrown Weapons: Asher de Lincolia
Thrown weapons practices have resumed for the season. Practices are Saturdays in Framingham from 9am to noon and Sundays in Carlisle from 10am to 1pm.
- Gold Key: Guinemer d’Anglade
I am still looking for a replacement for the Gold Key position. If you are interested or have any questions about the position, please contact Guinemer.
- Golden Gryphon: Thory Vedardottir
The Carolingian Calibers heraldry has been approved! If anyone is interested in registering new heraldry, please contact Thory as soon as possible. Around Pennsic, the registration time will get much longer, so plan ahead!
2. Guild Announcements
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
The next meeting of the Low Company will be Friday, May 27th starting at 7pm at Chad & Amanda’s house. Dinner is at 6pm, RSVP to Amanda if interested in dinner.
- Dance: Gundormr Dengin (standing in)
Tomorrow (Tuesday, May 3rd) is the monthly dance practice in Quintavia, and the next one will be Tuesday, June 7th at Camelot.
The next meeting for Academia Della Danza will be on Thursday, May 12th.
The next Cambridge dance practice will be Friday, May 20th at 11 Garden Street. This will be the last practice there for the season.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
Cecelia will be resigning as guild head, and Aaradyn will be stepping up as the new guild head. Aaradyn will complete the remainder of Cecelia’s term, which concludes this year, and will complete the full 3 year term following that.
The next meeting of the Calligraphers’ Guild will be on Sunday, May 22nd at Aaradyn’s house in Revere. Quintavia’s Scribal Schola will be on Saturday, May 21st at Camelot. The schola is donation only for entry and there will be courses for all experience levels.
- Jongleurs: Eowyn (standing in)
The Quire will be meeting on Monday, May 16th at 8:30 pm at Vis & Mara’s house.
- Baronial Archery & Thrown Weapons Championship: Erica
I am picking up checks for the site tonight, and we will hopefully have an event announcement up by the end of next week.
- Falling Leaves in Exile: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
This event was not selected by their Majesties for King & Queen’s Equestrian Championships, but there will still be general activities for equestrians at the event.
- Otter’s Welcome: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
No updates at this time.
- Autocrat’s Colloquium: Gundormr (standing in)
This event will be on November 12, 2016 at the Unitarian Church in Arlington. This will be an all-day event in mundane clothes with an optional box lunch.
- Byzantine Cheese Fair: Gundormr
No updates at this time.
- Laurel’s Prize Tourney: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
Dreda is finalizing the event site and date. This will be in March 2017 at the First Parish in Medford.
- Children’s Event: Raziya bint Rusa (by e-mail)
Aschehyrst will be hosting a Children’s event in June of 2017. It will be a one day event, likely held in Ashland There are to be a variety of children’s activities. Rhonwen will be autocrating this event. More details to come when we get closer to the event.
4. Site Book
- Justin du Coeur: The original site book was lost approximately 15 years ago, and was resurrected about 5 years ago on Google docs. I have imported and compiled these into a new database, which is now up and available in my system, Quirky. The only issue right now is who should have access to view it. Council members agreed that access should be limited because of opinions about previous site uses and contact information for site officials. Access is currently available to those interested by email Justin for access.
- Proposal #1: Eowyn
Under Section I. Officers, E. Voting Members of Council, part 1. begins: “The voting members of Council will be comprised of the Baronial officers…” with the change to be: “The voting members of Council will consist of the Baronial officers…”
- Proposal #2: Eowyn
The list of Great Council members is given as: “…the Baronial officers, Canton and Borough heads, active guild heads and principals of the Orders, and event Autocrats.” The change would be: “…the Baronial officers, Canton and Borough heads, active guild heads, principals of the Orders, and event Autocrats.”
- Proposal #3: Eowyn
Section IV. Events B. defines the term of office of an autocrat in Carolingia as “…from acceptance of the proposal until the end of the Great Council meeting after the event takes place.” The change would be: “…from acceptance of the proposal until the end of the second Great Council meeting after the event takes place.”
- Proposal #4: Catrin
Under Section IV Events, add an additional item. “If an event attendee makes an advance reservation and asks to opt out of the dayboard fee, every effort will be made to accommodate them.”
Following discussion of council members, this proposal will be withdrawn and will instead be discussed as an autocrat policy.
6. SCA Announcements
- Justin du Coeur: For access to the Site Book, please e-mail Justin.
- Gundormr: There is a Medieval Manuscript exhibit coming to the BC McMullin Museum.
- Aaradyn Ghyoot: There will be 3 successive scribal field trips to the exhibit. All are welcome to come!
- Eowyn: Lord Gundormr Dengir was inducted into the Order of the Silver Crescent at Coronation. Lord Quintin Brilliant was inducted into the Order
of Defense at Balfar’s Challenge. At the Smoking Rocks 40th Anniversary, Ysabella de Coventry — the daughter of Lady Guendalina Francesca di Antonio Cristiano, proprietrix of Lady Guendalina’s Closet — finally received her Award of Arms. It had originally been intended to be presented by King Omega & Queen Etheldreda at the Royal Equestrian & Thrown Weapons Champs last August, & had been trying to catch up with her ever since.
7. At Next Council
Final language for the by-law amendment proposals are due by June 11th.