Please contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or corrections.
1. From Their Excellencies
- Nicolette: There will be meetings for the Orders of the Perseus, Daystar, and Moon following Council tonight.
2. Officer Announcements
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
The Chatelaine report for the Barony was sent in to Kingdom on time. We also had a newcomer from Otter’s Welcome come to dance practice!
- Thrown Weapons: Asher de Lincolia
We are currently in the process of turning over the Thrown Weapons position for next year. Please stay tuned for more details!
- Order of the Moon: Gundormr Dengin
If you see someone doing noteworthy things with art, please recommend them for induction to the Order of the Moon! Belated congratulations to Aaradyn Ghyoot and Guinemer d’Anglade on their induction to the Order of the Moon at Falling Leaves!
- Gold Key: Aaradyn Ghyoot (standing in)
We are still looking for a replacement for the Gold Key office. Please contact Aaradyn or Guinemer for more details.
3. Guild Announcements
- Storytellers: Catrin o’r Rhyd For
The next meeting of the Storytellers’ Guild will be Monday, November 21st from 7:30pm to 9:30pm at Sir Michael’s house. Please contact us for more details.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
Our scribal field trip schedule is now confirmed! The McMullen Museum will be on Sunday, November 13th from 1pm-4pm; the Houghton Library will be on Saturday, November 19th from 12pm-4pm; and the Gardner Museum will be on Sunday, December 4th from 1pm-4pm. If you are planning on going to the Houghton trip, please let Aaradyn know ASAP for a head count. Hope to see you all on the trips!
- Dance: Gundormr Dengin (standing in)
Dance practices will be on November 10th and Thursdays in December at the Presentation School from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Quintavia’s next practice will be Tuesday, December 6th. The Academia Della Danza will be continuing their transcribing of the Griswold scroll on Sundays starting on November 27th at Gundormr’s house. There will also be dancing at the The Feast of St. Nicholas in Queen Elizabeth’s Court on December 10th.
- Dance: Justin du Coeur
There will also be dancing during the exposition and ball at Arisia.
- Jongleurs: Eowyn Eilonwy
The Waytes are practicing tonight, and will be performing at the event on the first weekend in December. The next practice for the Quire will be Monday, November 14th at 8:30pm at Vis & Mara’s house in Dorchester. If there is an interest in having more practices, that will be discussed at practice.
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
There has been interest in a Facebook group for the Low Company. If you want to be included on this group, please contact Justin du Coeur.
- Otter’s Welcome: Svava Thorgeirsdottir
This event was a success! There were over 30 newcomers at the event. The site fee was approximately $500 with an additional $200 for food, and we received approximately $1,000 in donations! Thank you to everyone involved that made the day special.
- Autocrat’s Colloquium: Catrin o’r Rhyd For
This event is scheduled for Saturday, November 12th. We currently have 6 people preregistered. Please spread the word!
- Falling Leaves in Exile: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
This event will also be the bid for King & Queen’s Equestrian Championships for 2017.
- Battle of the Five Armies: Andreiko Eferiev
This event will be a camping event on August 25-27, 2017 at the Camp Resolute Boy Scout Camp in Bolton, MA, complete with martial activities, feasts, A&S competition, classes, youth activities, and even a 7-sided backgammon game! Neighboring baronies are invited to bring their army for the battle, and Shire Folk and other SCAdians are invited to act as mercenaries and compete for War Points at their leisure. Prices are divided between feast and non-meal rates as well as day rates versus weekend rates. I am asking if the Barony of Carolingia is interesting in co-sponsoring this event. Council passes co-sponsorship at a 10% buy-in (expenses estimated at $6,780 for an estimated 300 person attendance) with the potential for additional buy-in at a later date.
5. SCA Announcements
- Catrin o’r Rhyd For: There are calendars and note cards for sale, with the proceeds going to support their Highnesses and Majesties of the East. The artwork is amazing, and these make perfect holiday gifts! Calendars are 420; note cards are $15.
- Eowyn Eilonwy: Master Avaldr Valbjarnarson was appointed as Admiral, Hrafn was awarded the Shield of Chivalry, and Sir Michael of York was inducted into the Order of the Laurel. Lord Lupold Haas is the new King’s Rapier Champion, and many Carolingian fencers were represented in the tournament!
6. Non-SCA Announcements
- Gundormr Dengin: This coming Friday and Saturday (11/11 & 11/12) is the Boston Byzantine Music Festival at the Mary Jaharis Center for Byzantine Art & Culture at Hellenic College Holy Cross in Brookline.