Seneschal Kassandra knocks a familiar pattern and receives the usual response. Welcome to Framingham! This is nice. Next month we’ll be back in Waltham, where they will have just had a book sale; if you’d like to pack books, let Kassandra know.
We will be having an East Kingdom Regional Equestrian practice on March 28th. Master Duncan Kerr and Mistress Eleanor are heading it up. The Society Equestrian Marshal will be in town.
Officers of the Barony:
- Baroness Raziya bint Rusa announces several awards and honors that were given to Carolingians at Saturday’s East Kingdom A&S Championships.
- Seneschal of the Canton of the Towers: Master Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky sends word that there have been sheep incursions from our neighbors to the north. Next Towers Project Day will be March 8. Lady Serafina Delle Torre will teach us about carving and using stamps to print on fabric. Please note that there will be a $10 cash fee for materials.
- Chatelaine: Baroness Isabelle de Montreuil Sur Mer is planning a Newcomer Night for March 16 in the Watertown Library. Changes in the Kingdom Chatelaine policy specify that every group will now need to submit a demo form so the Kingdom office is aware in advance that demos are taking place. The required demo form is available on-line. The Demo needs to be voted on and authorized by the seneschal at the monthly business meeting. Isabelle is happy to help with ensuring the form gets submitted correctly, but this makes it very important that you keep her and the Seneschal in the loop as you are planning potential demos.
- Chancellor Minor: Lady Fiore di Bardi is covered in glory, but not present at Council. Talk to her about staffing Family Point at Otter’s Welcome.
- Chronicler: Baron Kendrick del Grenewode sends word that you must submit items for the next Minuscule by March 10.
- Clerk of the Stables: Baroness Eadgyth aet Staeningum is STILL looking for a replacement.
- Dancemistress: Lady Aelia Fortunata sends word that Dance Practice will start this Thursday, March 5, with preparation for the Black Rose Ball.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer: Lord Orlando dei Medici is apparently still Exchequer for a little longer.
- Gold Key: Baroness Alanna of Skye still needs more unisex garb.
- Golden Gryphon Pursuivant: Anezka of Carolingia continues to hold heraldic office hours in the Boston Public Library (Copley Branch). They are held on the 2nd Tuesdays of the month (March 10 this month) from 5 to 9 PM, in the Mezzanine of the new building.
- Historian: Mistress Eowyn Eilownwy of Alewife Brook says that people keep making history.
- Liber Editor: Orlando has no news, until he’s done being Exchequer. Tell him if you move or something.
- Marshal of Fence: Lord Zohane Farber says that fencing continues Wednesdays in Framingham and Thursdays in Cambridge. Regional fencing practice is planned for the day after Otter’s Welcome, more details later.
- Lord Arngeirr Refskegg is now the Marshal of Thrown Weapons. He looks forward to opening the ranges by the end of March or early April. Framingham site looks good, but Carlisle needs an overhaul. Expect a call for help with that; also, lumber is not free.
- Steward: Zohane asks if things are needed for Artists and Scholars and Otter’s Welcome; ask early for A&S, as he may be traveling.
- Webminister: Lord Symon of Barnesdale says our web site still works. Please update your stuff!
Principals of the Baronial Orders:
- Daystar: Get in touch with Lady Kira if you are not on the list and should be; a polling will take place soon, send nominations to her.
- Moon: Lady Aaradyn Ghyoot is keeping her germs to herself. There will be a Moon meeting after April Council.
- Perseus: Baron Aiden McShane is looking for a replacement, please get in touch with him. Please send nominations to the Perseus email address, also send email if you need to be added to the list.
- Baron Thomas notes that there have not yet been any write-ins for the new Order of the Comet (Baronial children’s award).
Representatives of the Guilds and Activities:
- Cooks: Lord Zohane Farber says the cooks are definitely going to meet in March, sometime, somewhere. Definitely.
- Jongleurs (Waytes): Ysabel reports that the Waytes will play at the Black Rose Ball next Saturday, March 7. They will also play at dance practice this Thursday.
- Trumpet Corps: Ysabel says that this week’s practice is cancelled because of preparations for the upcoming Ball (not that trumpeters are jongleurs or anything of that sort). Next practice will be on March 18, at which we’ll try out a new piece of music from the 15th century.
- Low Company: Symon says the Low Company will meet at his house on March 27, dinner followed by games; exploring chess this month.
- Needleworkers: will meet March 26 at 6:30 at Fiore’s place.
- Artists and Scholars (April 18, Patriots’ Day weekend): Baroness Raziya needs volunteers. Orlando says there will be tasty food.
- Otter’s Welcome: Patience sends word that email will be sent out shortly confirming activity coordinators, etc. Send her photos of people in garb for the brochure.
- Baron Thomas talks about getting new coronets made for the Barony; he has found someone who would like to submit a bid (Coronets by Cathan). No price estimate yet; Kassandra requests a ball-park figure. The current coronets are the leather ones you’ve seen; some old ones exist and are made of vaulable materials but are not well-made. Kira asks if they can be remade or used in another Barony? Orlando says they are a non-depreciating fixed asset on the Barony’s books. Raziya proposes having them appraised. Thomas, consulting his phone, says new coronets would cost about $1200 apiece.
- Kira says: Go Vote Tomorrow.
- Kassandra says: Well done, we’re done.