Please contact the Secretary with any questions or corrections.
From Their Excellencies
At the Battle of the Five Armies, Ulric Baron Bridge announced that, in gratitude for Carolingia’s alliance with him there, he would pay all those of Carolingia who had assisted that effort, to be paid at Bridge Birthday with proof of their presence at Five Armies. Eowyn Eilonwy collected the bounty for us at Bridge Birthday. She, Thory, and Damian were presented with gold (-covered chocolate). Eowyn is bringing this bounty to us at Council tonight for all to share!
- Seneschal: Aurelia Rufinia
We are penciled in with Their Highnesses for Investiture to be at Falling Leaves on September 15, 2018. All officer e-mails will be moving to the Gmail Non-Profit servers, please get in touch with me if you have not already. Also, we are looking for a new Arts & Sciences Minister. Please contact myself or Their Excellencies if you’re interested or have questions about the post.
- Secretary: Erica Schlain
This will be my last council as Secretary. I want to thank you all for the opportunity to serve the Barony, and the patience and help everyone has given me. Lady Agnes Godolphin will be taking over starting in January.
- Chatelaine: Aaradyn Ghyoot
Newcomers have been consistently reaching out, thanks in part to the Newcomer Nights! We had 2 newcomers come to Crown Tourney, and said it was one of the best events they’d ever been to. One of them has volunteered to retain for Their Highnesses.
- Order of the Perseus: Kazimierz
The meeting of the Order of the Perseus will be tonight after the Council meeting.
- Canton of Aschehyrst: Raziya bint Rusa
The next Aschehyrst monthly crafting night will be on December 13th starting at 7pm at the Plymouth Church, Ellison Hall (87 Edgell Road) in Framingham. The focus will be on leatherworking projects.
- Webminister: Symon of Barnesdale
If any officers have any questions about the transfer over to the new e-mail server, there was an FAQ sheet sent out with the recent listing, or please get in touch with me.
- Dance: Mara Kolarova
The last dance practice of the year will be Thursday, December 7th from 7:30pm to 9:30pm at the Presentation School, with live music provided by the Waytes.
- Dance: Justin du Coeur
There will be a rapier demonstration and ball at Arisia, held from January 12th – 15th. The rapier demo will be Saturday at 2:30pm and the dance demo/ball will starting at 3:30pm on Saturday. I will be teaching and the Waytes will be performing music.
- Jongleurs (Waytes): Ysabel da Costa
The Waytes have had an odd schedule. Please see the Baronial website calendar for a listing of practices. They will also be performing at Arisia and the Black Rose Ball.
- Jongleurs (Quire): Orlando dei Medici
There will be Yule singing at Vis & Mara’s house on Subday, December 10th.
- Thrown Weapons: Symon of Barnesdale
The ranges are officially closed for the season.
- Calligraphers: Aaradyn Ghyoot
There will be no meeting this month. The East Kingdom is also in need of blanks. I can transport any blanks to Birka that scribes want to pass along. Also, I have accepted a position as the Central Region Deputy to the Clerk Signet.
- Low Company: Justin du Coeur
We’re on hiatus for the season, returning in February or March.
There will be an online moderated Q&A system for the Baronial candidates. that will be open until 2 weeks before the first voting round. There will also be a meet the candidates night, more information coming soon. The meet and greet night will be videotaped as well. The first round of voting will be at February Council on February 5th. In this round, any gentle attending at Council who are either a voting member of Council, paid member of the Barony, or an attendee of a Carolingian event within the last 12 months are able to vote.
- Carolingia Castellum Est: Aurelia Rufinia (standing in)
This event will be run by Aildreda de Tamwurthe on March 10, 2018 at Veasey Park in Groveland. Eowyn noted that this date conflicts with Black Rose Ball.
- Otter’s Welcome: Raziya bint Rusa
I will be running this event with Svava, aiming for May 2018 but not conflict with BBM investiture and ubercrafty events.
- Falling Leaves In Exile: Aurelia Rufinia
This event is scheduled for September 15, 2018.
- Eowyn Eilonwy: At BBM/Bergental Yule, Elena received her Silver Wheel and writ for induction to the Order of the Laurel. Droga and Morwenna both received the Silver Brooch.
- Isabelle & Alanna of Skye: The next Newcomer’s Night will be on Monday, December 18th at our home in Watertown. Our focus will be on writing in candidates for awards and will bring scrolls and regalia for show and tell. The next Baronial Gathering will be Sunday, February 4th from 4-8pm at the Goldfish Swim School in Needham.
- Kenna: I just wanted to introduce myself as the new Seneschal for the Canton of the Towers.
- Aurelia Rufinia: Curia will be next weekend at Bhakail Yule. Please send me any comments or opinions to me prior to the event.